Note: this installation is for Visual Studio 2015 and is outdated, I’ll change this post soon.
Hey! Visual Studio Community Edition is free, so why not install Visual Studio in just a few steps! It’s easier than ever to start coding with one of the best IDE out there.
Installing Visual Studio is easy. Here are the steps:
1. Visit this Web page
2. Click on the Download Community Free button.
3. This will start downloading an installer .exe file, save it wherever you will remember.
4. Double click on the file you saved, this will launch the setup. (Prepare at least 45 minutes for installing Visual Studio)
You will be prompt a Window like the one below.
5. Select Custom or, if you don’t feel so comfortable choosing options, just go with typical.
6. Click the Install button at the bottom of the window to start the installation.
You should now see the installation progress.
After about 45 minutes, this screen will appear and you can simply click on Launch.
That’s it! Visual Studio is now installed on your computer!