Once Visual Studio is installed, you can create a new project to start programming. First, launch Visual Studio.
1. To create a new project, simply click on File -> New -> Project.
This will open a new window in which you can select the type of project you would like to create.
Visual basic project types should be under Other Languages -> Visual Basic -> Windows.
2. We are going to select the console application for the next few tutorials then select Windows Forms Application later.
3. Give your project a name and deselect Create directory for solution and Add to source control if any are selected.
4. Finally click on the Ok button to create your project.
5. You are now ready to write some code! The process is fairly the same for each programming languages. Don’t be frightened by the number of project templates, some are a lot more useful than others and with time we will cover most of them.