I found that if you know multiple languages, you may have issues if you’ve installed the IDE in English or in another language and are not really familiar with that particular language or would just like to have the interface in your first language.
Fortunately, it’s possible to change the interface language of Visual Studio and it’s really easy!
1. First thing, start Visual Studio by clicking on the Windows button on your keyboard and writing Visual Studio Installer.
2. Once the installer is launched, click on Modify to modify the current installation of Visual Studio.
3. Then, you’ll want to click on the Language Packs tab and select the language pack that you wish to install. For this blog post, I’ll select French (français) because that’s my main language.
4. Then, click on the Modify button to start the installation process.
5. Once the installation is complete, you can close the Visual Studio Installer window.
You should restart Visual Studio if it was not already closed.
6. To activate the new language pack, launch Visual Studio and go into Tools -> Options menu.
Finally, click on International Settings and choose Français or the language you’ve just installed in the drop down list. Then click the Ok button.
You will have to restart Visual Studio for the change to take effect.
That’s it! The best IDE’s interface is now in your favourite language! If you have any question, feel free to post them in the comments or send me an email via the contact form.